Saturday, August 17, 2013

GREEN TEA


It's hard not to be going about achieving a healthier lifestyle without hearing/reading about the benefits of drinking green tea.


After discovering all these reasons, I decided to add a cup of green tea to my daily menu, as an afternoon "snack". Not sure how many benefits I've reaped but I know that it hasn't aided in any weight loss this year.

 
LOL...I disagree with the last item on that list!

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:


I recently read something in an ebook and then went online to search for it's validity.

There seems to be truth in the fact that green tea aids in weight loss with emphasis on the dreaded belly fat. The only disagreement comes with the amount of tea to drink daily. I've seen recommended doses from 1 to 6 cups.

Would anyone like to join me in a green tea drinking challenge?

There are 3 criteria for this challenge:

1. In Japanese culture, they drink green tea 3 times per day with their meals. I will do the same.
2. According to experts, it takes 12 weeks for any significant body change to be noticeable.
3. In order to recognize a change, notes must be taken.

If you are joining me in this challenge, please keep note of the following:

1. How many cups of green tea per day you are going to drink.
2. The date you started (so you know when your 12 weeks are up).
3. Your waist measurement and your weight when you started (for comparison with end of challenge stats).


These are the teas I have chosen to drink. Plain green tea is just too nasty for my liking lol.

Please note: Green tea alone will not lose the weight for you. You still have to eat right and exercise. The purpose of this challenge is to experience for ourselves if the green tea will give us an added boost or not :)

NEXT WEEK'S BLOG: Losing It


              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


DISCLAIMER: Whenever I use the word DIET in my blog posts I am in no way suggesting that I have invented/discovered some miracle system to lose weight. Whenever I use the word DIET, I am simply substituting a single word to replace the longer phrase EATING HEALTHIER THAN IN THE PAST.

6 comments:

  1. I love drinking green tea, I generally have one cup every night on my overnight shifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you drink a plain one or a flavoured one?

      Delete
  2. I drink green tea unflavored almost daily... I like drinking it when it is cold for the summer but in the winter I love it piping hot.. no sugar added or milk either. I don't like flavored tea or coffee...Not sure about the challenge... I don't do well with challenges.. my inner rebel cuts in and says," we aren't going to write it down anymore." and I stop keeping track. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink mine plain too...seems that adding sugar & milk would defeat it's purpose so that's why I find it nasty and have to drink the flavoured ones.

      Delete
  3. I love the Starbucks Green Tea with a hint of mint by Tazo.

    ReplyDelete